Electra Meccanica, electrameccanica.com, is an electric vehicle company based in Vancouver BC, developing unique and exciting vehicles for the 21st century. We have partnered with Intermeccanica, a company with 50+ years of automotive manufacturing excellence to produce a commuter car that is environmentally friendly, fun to drive, and accessible to the consumer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the electric vehicle industry.
We are seeking an electrical engineer to join our lean and agile team. This role reports to the Head of Engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The engineer will use strong analytical and organization skills, approach problems from a first principals’ perspective and deliver with great attention to detail. At Electra Meccanica superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and individuals carry significant responsibility. Duties include:
- Prepare and/or review system design requirements to ensure adherence to electrical design guidelines and all market regulations governing assigned systems.
- Specify, source, integrate, and validate electrical components and sub-systems.
- Identity preferred vendors and prepare requirements for supply chain department.
- Complete and release components, sub-system and detail designs, using a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required.
- Create technical documentation for product manufacturing, software integration, test procedures and reports.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service teams.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in automotive product design or engineering, from concept through release and launch for production.
- Proven experience in design and trouble shooting of analog and digital control systems, wiring harnesses, and embedded controllers.
- Experience with electronic design, schematic and PCB design using Altium Designer.
- Experience with developing and verifying control logic, configuration and programming using MATLAB and Simulink.
- Knowledge and experience selecting and ordering electrical components.
- Strong knowledge of automotive safety standards.
- Willing to pitch in and get your hands dirty.
- Minimum of 1 full automotive development life cycle, through design, development, release and launch considered an asset.
- As many of our vendors are overseas fluency in Mandarin would be an asset.
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: