Electra Meccanica, is an electric vehicle company based in Vancouver BC, developing unique and exciting vehicles for the 21st century. We have partnered with Intermeccanica, a company with 50+ years of automotive manufacturing excellence to produce a commuter car that is environmentally friendly, fun to drive, and accessible to the consumer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the electric vehicle industry.
We are seeking a mechanical engineer to join our lean and agile team. This role reports to the Head of Engineering. The engineer will use expertise to design and deliver systems, not just a group of components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The engineer will use strong analytical and organization skills, approach problems from a first principals’ perspective and deliver with great attention to detail. At Electra Meccanica superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and individuals carry significant responsibility. Duties include:
- Work on initial concept, to design, development and release of vehicle component and system targets based on function, cost, weight and investment
- Establish system architecture and functional feasibility
- Lead integration with cross functional teams collaborating with Manufacturing Engineering and Procurement groups to ensure manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Design automotive component parts in NX 11.0 and complex 3D surface models for structural components and hardware
- Complete and release components, sub-system and detail designs, using a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required
- Collaborate with key suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events
- Ensure product conforms to all market regulations governing assigned systems
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 4 plus years of experience in automotive product design or engineering, from concept through release and launch for production
- Technical expertise with current manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements, craftsmanship and performance targets
- Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Proficiency with NX 11.0, Finite Element Analysis tools and other simulation tools like Matlab or Simulink
- Ideally a minimum of 1 full automotive development life cycle, through design, development, release and launch
- Willing to pitch in and get your hands dirty
- As many of our vendors are overseas fluency in Mandarin would be an asset
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: