Welder / Fabricator
Meccanica, electrameccanica.com, is an electric vehicle company based in British Columbia, Canada developing unique and exciting vehicles for the 21st century. We have partnered with Intermeccanica, a company with 50+ years of automotive manufacturing excellence to produce a commuter car that is environmentally friendly, fun to drive, and accessible to the consumer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the electric vehicle industry.
We are seeking a Welder / Fabricator to join our lean and agile team in our New Westminster, BC offices. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We are building real products. This must excite you. You must be a builder. At Electra Meccanica superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and individuals carry significant responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Chassis component preparation & fabrication.
- Small parts fabrication.
- Body/frame components fabrication & installation.
- Steel cutting, drilling, preparing, and welding.
- Fitting of parts to ensure.
- Tapping of steel & aluminum.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Follow proper health and safety procedures.
- Foundations “C” level welder.
- Must be able to read welding drawings
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please answer the following questions in your application:
- Are you legally allowed to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations for this role?
- Why do you want to join Meccanica?
Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: