The automaker has some ambitious specs for the SOLO:
- Top speed: 87 mph (140 km/h)
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h in 8 seconds
- Range: 100 miles (160 km) on a single charge
- Charging time: 3 hours at 220v, 6 hours at 110v
- Price: USD$15,000 (~CAD$20,000)
The range might be a bit optimistic considering the company plans to equip the vehicle with only a 8.64 kWh battery pack, but the SOLO has the potential to have very low drag and Electra Meccanica is aiming for it to weight only 450 kg (~1,000 lb).
In his post, Kroll added that about 50% of the company’s first year of production is already sold out and that if someone was to place a reservation right now, the person shouldn’t expect to take delivery before November.
Las month Electra Meccanica gave us a sneak peek of the SOLO’s chassis.